Become a Participating Site
of the Stand Against Racism™
How it Works
- Any group of any size can become a Participating Site of the Stand Against Racism™: corporations large or small, schools (from elementary schools to universities), government agencies, non profit or civic organizations, hospitals, churches or synagogues, even two neighbors gathered around a kitchen table.
- After your group signs up online, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download all your documents. These documents are "turn-key" and will guide you on how to organize your Stand. Your Stand could be open to the public or private (i.e. for your own constituents).
- The Stand Against Racism™ materials include "How To" documents that guide you on how to organize your event, as well as templates, such as the "Invitation Template" that you could use to invite people to come to your Stand. Your Stand could be as simple as a 15-minute discussion/presentation or as large as an outdoor rally, an all-day open house, or anything in between. We will provide you with several ideas of what you could do. You may also want to visit our 2012 Highlights or 2011 Highlights pages to learn more.
- If you choose to be a Public Stand, you will be listed on our site and individuals near you will be able to find out about you and the details of your particular event.
- There is no cost whatsoever to become a Participating Site. If your local YWCA Association is participating in the Stand Against Racism™ 2013, you will receive your toolkit 6 weeks prior to the event at no cost. If your local YWCA Association is not participating, you will be asked for an optional $15 donation to cover the cost of the toolkit. Either way, your organization will receive access to all the documents you will need. Your organization will also be listed on our website as a Participating Site.
- If you sign up before the deadline, you will receive a Stand Against Racism™ Toolkit in the mail. Your toolkit will include:
* 25 Buttons "Racism Hurts Everyone" (or 75 stickers - your choice)
* 25 Color Bookmarks "What You Can Do To Combat Racism"
* 3 Color 11x17 Posters
- If you need additional materials, you may order them through our website for a nominal cost, by clicking here.
- Need help? We are available to assist you in any way we can. In addition, each participating YWCA Association has appointed a Stand Against Racism™ Coordinator that can be available to assist you.
- Please help us in our fight to eliminate racism! Consider making a donation to support the Stand Against Racism™. Clck here to make a donation now.
Why Become a Participating Site?
How powerful our unity, throughout our country, as we raise our collective voices to rid our society
from the plagues of racism, sexism, and discrimination of any kind.
And until the day when racism is eliminated, we have a lot of work ahead of us!
Become a Participating Site.